Ever wondered what underwear women and men like the most? What about what underwear is the most sexy and attractive? Wonder no more, because in this article we're gonna go through the current available options to help you understand what the most attractive underwear for men is.
For decades, there’s been an ongoing debate about whether you should be wearing boxers, boxer briefs or briefs. And unless you’re a die-hard commando enthusiast, chances are you slip into a pair of underwear every morning. Like your pants, shirt and jacket, it should be something you put some thought into - right?
Weird thing is, lots of guys usually don’t actually consider what underwear they’re wearing. As long as it fits and covers their nether regions, everything is just fine and dandy. In fact, most dudes don’t even put serious thought into buying or replacing their underwear – they just get new ones whenever their mom or significant other buys them. But if you’re like most men out there (me included), chances are that someone’s gonna be seeing those undies at some point. And when that happens, you want to look your best. You want to be wearing the most sexy underwear you can get your hands on. Can you imagine the horror of someone pulling your jeans down only to be faced with raggedy, off-white (yikes) tighty whities?
Like most things in life, the most attractive underwear for men really depends on who you ask. So what's the most attractive men's underwear? What men's underwear do women love? What underwear do women find sexy? Are briefs attractive? Are boxer briefs attractive? What about boxers? What are men and women's favorite men's underwear? SO MANY QUESTIONS!
Lucky for you, someone did the research. An article published in Forbes presents the results of a survey, where they went out and asked 200 women what kind of men's underwear they find most attractive—boxers, briefs, boxer-briefs, or trunks. For each style, they also asked the women what shape, pattern, and how revealing they should be. Check out the results below to see what underwear women find most attractive.
Do Women Find Men's Boxers Attractive?
Boxers are a classic option – not too tight, and not too show-y. Even though they can be a nightmare underneath a pair of jeans, they’re still a really popular choice. But for the women who prefer them, what kind of boxers are best? Turns out, the women liked patterns over colors, but not overly cutesy patterns.
Why did some women say they love men's boxers?
- "Boxers seem to go along with the type of guy I like. Classic, but not his dad's underwear."
- "Oxford cloth boxers that fit right. You can't beat it!"
- "I don't want my guy's underwear to look anything like mine. Boxers
are the best option."
Do Women Find Men's Boxer Briefs Attractive?
Men's boxer briefs are what we consider the Rolls Royce of underwear. The perfect combination between boxers and briefs (hence the name). They have the length of boxers (which avoids that tighty-whitey look) and the fit of briefs. Add to that the fact that they offer an unmatched level of “support” and comfort, and there really isn’t a better choice for the most comfortable men's underwear.
No surprise here, women loved the men's boxer briefs because they show off a guy’s member.
But what about the type of boxer briefs. Classic black came out on top. Women liked the sleek shape and the fact that the dark color hides stains – gross, but true.
Here are some more reasons why women love men's boxer briefs:
- "Black is always classic, and, if I'm washing them I wont have to see your stains."
- "It's like lingerie for men. It's hot as hell."
- "Sexier than boxers and accentuate thighs."
- "They fit well under clothes. Man-ty lines are no bueno."
- "Boxer briefs are like the Goldilocks of men's underwear. Not too tight, not too loose. Just right."
- "They are the most manly looking to me. I'm not into taking a guys pants off and seeing boxers with reindeer on them in June."
- "Makes the butt and thighs look great. Boxers are what my dad wears, briefs are what the 7-year-old I nanny wears."
- "Boxer briefs are so attractive on a man; they are complimentary and boxers give too much freedom :)"
- "I like boxer briefs because there is no chance of a peek-a-boo sighting. And they usually fit a guy better."
- "Mostly I like slim-cut boxers in technical fabrics, but the appearance of those is closest to boxer briefs, which are appealing because they're more manly in appearance than briefs and more form-conscious than boxers."
Do Women Find Men's Briefs Attractive?
Now let’s talk about men's briefs. Briefs aren’t exactly every guy’s first choice for underwear – they kinda remind you of a 7 year old, a grandma and an 80 year old man all at the same time. Not exactly what people think of when they think “sexy”. But let’s hear what the ladies think.
As you probably guessed, most women didn't find briefs attractive. Most of them actually referred to them as “tighty whities” in a derogatory way. Others said that briefs reminded them of their dad. Nice.
That’s not to say that a few women didn’t like men's briefs. Of those that did, here’s what they had to say:
- "I like men who are in shape and comfortable with their sexuality and briefs represent that at least among western dudes."
- "I love how briefs make a guys butt look."
- "My favorite type on men. These guys are more confident and not afraid of losing masculinity in normal underwear."
Clearly not a popular choice for all, but there are some diehard fans out there if you look hard enough.
Do Women Find Men's Trunks Attractive?
Men's Trunks are pretty much men's boxer briefs but with shorter legs. Surprisingly, women didn’t really have a strong opinion on these. They could take them or leave them.
One thing that they all hated – big branded logos. There’s absolutely no need for someone to plaster “Calvin Klein” or “Diesel” above your junk. Keep it sleek, keep it sexy and keep it unbranded.
Here’s why women loved trunks:
- "Tight enough to show off a nice butt. I like that I'm not the only one that can wear something tight."
- "I like that the legs are a little bit shorter but not so short that it looks like a bikini bottom."
- "Trunks offer the best assessment of what I'm gonna get when they come off."
Putting it All Together: What Underwear do Women Find Most Attractive?
Men's Boxer briefs – there’s no contest here. In fact, they won by a landslide. Sadly, men's briefs came in at a sad 5%, followed by men's trunks at 11.5%, men's boxers at 19% and men's boxer briefs at a whopping 64.5%.
We also wrote a more detailed comparison about the actual differences between boxer briefs, trunks, briefs and boxers in case you want to check that out - no women, just straight up comparing their features for guys.
Now it’s important to remember not to let this survey change what you like. If you like wearing men's briefs – wear briefs (remember that there are die-hard brief fans out there). If you like airing things out with some boxers, wear boxers. If you like shorter legs but the snug fit of boxer briefs, invest in some trunks.
But we were asked a question and we found the answer. If you’re a guy and you’re looking to use underwear to turn on your wife, girlfriend or lady-friend, boxer briefs are the way to do it - solid colored boxer briefs, specifically. Clearly, women like men's boxer briefs - they are by far the most attractive and sexy men's underwear.
Now like we said before, a lot of the men's boxer briefs out there are total crap. They rip easily, you have to constantly adjust them, they’re not breathable and the waistband isn’t the best. That’s why we spent a year perfecting the boxer brief – and guys (and their girls) love ‘em.
Check them out here if you want that perfect-fitting, women-pleasing, branch-and-berries-supporting pair of underwear you’ve been dreaming of. Oh, and we have black boxer briefs - remember that women found black boxer briefs the most attractive in the survey. Just sayin'.